This delicious vegan smoothie is quick and easy to make. It is perfect for quick breakfast or healthy snack any time of the day. There is no need to peel the pear, just remove the stalk and core if desired before adding to the other ingredients. This vegan smoothie is also gluten free.
150ml non-dairy milk
2 tbsp vanilla soya yoghurt
2 tbsp linseeds
Place all ingredients into a blender or smoothie maker and blend until smooth.
- Use plain, strawberry or coconut yoghurt instead.
- Use different milks such as soya, rice, almond, coconut or hemp.
- Use other seeds or even nuts in place of the linseeds.
Hints and Tips
- Freeze into delicious and healthy smoothie pops or ice cream.
- Can be kept but will turn brown after a while. Even if this happens the smoothie is still ok to drink.
- For lower powered blenders use ground flaxseed instead of linseeds. These could be swapped for ground almonds or other nuts and seeds.
- Add a couple of strawberries or use a very ripe banana for a sweeter smoothie.
Pears are available in a variety of types and can be soft and sweet or firmer and crunchy. They are packed full of health giving nutrients including fibre, antioxidants, vitamin C, copper, iron, potassium and B complex vitamins making this vegan smoothie a great and healthy choice.
Bananas are a healthy choice when looking for energy rich foods. They also help to give this vegan smoothie its creamy smoothie texture. Bananas are soft and easily digestible so are a great choice for children, the elderly or anyone who is unwell. They are a good source of vitamin-B6 and also contain vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, fibre and manganese.
Linseed, or flaxseed as it is often known are packed full of nutrients including omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, riboflavin, thiamin, folate and pantothenic acid. These chewy seeds also contain a range of minerals such as potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, selenium and magnesium.